Dr Sean Cross
- Perinatal mental health
- Panic attacks
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Personality disorders
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Sleep disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Bipolar disorder
- Anger problems
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- MBChB Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- BSc(Hons) Degree in Molecular Biology
- MSt Masters degree in International Relations
- MD(Res) Doctoral degree in Cultural Psychiatry
- MRCPsych Membership Royal College of Psychiatrists
Dr Cross is a consultation-liaison psychiatrist, which means he works at both the Maudsley Mental Health Hospital and King’s College Hospitals in London. He has a particular interest in depression, anxiety, problematic personality traits and crisis management; but also in the overlap between physical health and mental health difficulties and the way they interact. In the NHS, Dr Cross is a Clinical Director and also Managing Director for Maudsley Learning a mental health education and training venture.
It would be Dr Cross’s pleasure to try to help you. Whether seeking a one-off assessment for any reason or require on-going support and management of mental health problems, his aim is to offer an effective, high-quality service delivered in an efficient and personable manner. He is very happy to work in conjunction with psychologists helping you. Currently, he offers early evening in-person and remote video access clinics.
Additional information about research, publications and interests:
Dr Cross teaches at King’s College London and publishes on a number of topics including mental and physical health and mental health and medical education. He is a principal investigator and co-investigator on several large of research projects, and a full list of year-on-year publications is available on request.