Professor Michael Craig
Professor of Psychiatry (King's College London), Consultant psychiatrist
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Alcohol addiction
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
- Bipolar disorder
- Behavioural addictions
- Dual diagnosis
- Drug addiction
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Postnatal depression
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep disorders
- Treatment-resistant depression (TRD)
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD)
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- Bachelor of Psychology (BSc Hons), University of Bristol
- Doctor of Neuroscience (PhD), Kings College London
- Bachelor of Medicine & Surgery (MB BS), University of London
- Fellow Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology (FRCOG)
- Fellow Royal College of Psychiatry (FRCPsych)
- Member British Neuropsychiatric Association
- Professor of Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, Kings College London
- General Psychiatry: Management of treatment-resistant depression, mood and anxiety disorders, PTSD, OCD, sleep disorders, and dual diagnosis within the NHS (Maudsley Hospital) and independent sectors.
- ADHD/Autism: (1) Clinical Lead of the National Autism Unit, Bethlem Royal Hospital; (2) Specialist Consultant, Adult ADHD & Autism service, National Services Directorate Maudsley Hospital.
- Perinatal Psychiatry: (1) Chairman of the UK and Ireland Marcé Society (UKIMS) for Perinatal Mental Health – An International society for the understanding, prevention and treatment of mental illness related to childbearing (www.marcesociety.com); (2) Faculty Member Ectopic Pregnancy Foundation.
- Reproductive Psychiatry: (1) Clinical lead of the National Female Hormone Clinic, National Services Directorate, Maudsley Hospital; (2) Trustee and medical advisor for the National Association of Premenstrual Syndromes (www.pms.org.uk).
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (rTMS): (1) Founder, and Clinical Lead, of the MagnaCentre™ rTMS service at the Nightingale Hospital London; (2) NIHR BRC Neurostimulation Therapy Lead for the SLaM NHS Foundation Trust.
- Academic/Education: (1) Programme Director for the MSc in Clinical Neurodevelopmental Sciences, Kings College London; (2) Training of Medical students at King’s College London’s School of Medicine and Junior Psychiatrists at the Maudsley Hospital; (3) Supervisor of PhD & MSc students at Kings College London, (4) Examiner for the Royal College of Psychiatrists. (5) Reader in Psychiatry, Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology & Neuroscience, Kings College London.
Prof. Michael Craig is a clinical academic psychiatrist delivering evidenced-based pharmacological and non-pharmacological (e.g. psychological and rTMS) treatments, within a holistic framework.
Additional information about research, publications and interests
Prof. Michael Craig has published over 100 recent peer-reviewed publications.