Memory problems treatment at Nightingale Hospital
Memory problems and dementia can affect people of any age. We understand that fear of either memory loss or dementia can prevent seeking help, but professional intervention is vital so that individuals and their families and carers receive treatment, support and care to maximize the quality of life. Individuals will also have more opportunity, choice and control over their care and future plans.
If you have the slightest worry or any concerns about memory loss or dementia, please contact us as soon as possible about treatments for memory problems and dementia.
Symptoms of memory problems
- When memory loss continues to interrupt your everyday life
- Difficulty planning and completing tasks, especially ones that are familiar
- Trouble understanding things
- Confusion with time or place
- New problems with speaking or writing
Treatment for memory problems at Nightingale Hospital
Our approach to the assessment and treatment of memory problems at Nightingale Hospital London combines an individualised programme with treatments based on current clinical evidence.
- An initial memory assessment will be booked at your earliest convenience. It will last approximately one hour followed by any required blood tests and scans.
- Two to three weeks later, a follow-up session will happen to discuss the diagnosis and any necessary memory treatment plan with you.
- Thereafter it is likely you will meet with the consultants every 3-6 months.
- Supporting therapies and any medication will be offered as part of your memory treatment.
Memory specialists at Nightingale Hospital
Nightingale Hospital London has a number of Consultant Psychiatrists and Therapists that can help you through your memory problems. It is vital you find a memory specialist that you can trust and work with on your recovery. If you cannot find the information you need on memory specialists and memory problems treatment programmes we would welcome your call so you feel secure in the decisions you make.