Gambling addiction comes in many forms including sports betting, fruit machines, roulette machines, bingo, casino games, national lottery, scratch cards, online gambling, spread betting and stocks and shares. If you feel gambling is starting to become a problem, now is the time to get treatment before the destructive cycle takes hold.
Our treatment approach for gambling addiction
Our approach to treating gambling addiction at Nightingale Hospital London combines individualised programmes with therapies that are based on current clinical evidence. You may attend as an outpatient, day patient or inpatient.
We treat gambling addiction using Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Motivational Enhancement Therapy (MET), Intepersonal Therapy (IPT) and Twelve Step Facilitation (TSF) we consider biological, psychological and social factors in our gambling addiction programmes.
Our programmes are designed to help break the cycle of gambling, recognise causes and offer support for a range of life problems including debt management and self-esteem. We also treat connected problems such as depression, stress, fatigue and alcohol and drug addiction if required alongside.
Through therapy and education on problem gambling and alternative approaches such as mindfulness, sleep therapy and physical therapies we aim to give you the knowledge and coping skills for living without gambling.
Avoiding relapse is the greatest challenge so we offer step down programmes, individual counselling and free aftercare and family support groups to sustain motivation against problem gambling.
Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
- You feel out of control over your gambling
- You chase losses until you have gambled every last penny and more
- You hide your gambling from family, friends and colleagues
- You spend money you do not have
- You slide into even more debt
- You sell possessions, lie, cheat or steal to fund your gambling
- You become totally preoccupied with gambling
- Dina Chioni View profile
- María García View profile
- Dr Bhaskar Punukollu View profile
- Nicolena Theodorou, Integrative Psychotherapist and Counsellor View profile