Dr Bhaskar Punukollu
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- Dip Mgt
Dr Punukollu did his basic medical training in Liverpool and the Wirral before going on to do his psychiatric training in Central London mental health services at Chelsea and Westminster and Charing Cross Hospitals. During his training, he was awarded a fellowship to gain experience at the UCLA Resnick Neuropsychiatric Institute in the USA.
Dr Punukollu has worked as a Consultant Psychiatrist at Nightingale Hospital since 2011. He sees patients with a range of disorders encompassing both General Adult and Addictions Psychiatry. He previously worked until early 2023, alongside his private practice, in the NHS as a Lead Consultant for Addictions where he also ran an ADHD clinic.
Through his work, he has developed experience in psychotherapy in the form of CBT, psychoanalysis and EMDR and brings elements of these into sessions with patients. He also has expertise in psychopharmacology and regularly attends workshops in the UK and USA to keep his knowledge and skills at the forefront.
Additional information about research, publications and interests
- Publications: Revision Guide for MRCPsych Paper A, Chapter in Novel Psychoactive Substances 2017, Chapter in Clinical Topics in Cultural Psychiatry 2014, numerous articles in peer-reviewed journals e.g. 2021 – A feasibility trial of an intervention in alcohol dependence for structured preparation before detoxification versus usual care: the SPADe trial.
- Quoted in articles in Huffington Post, Daily Telegraph and other newspapers.
- Website: https://bhaskarpunukollu.com