Nightingale Hospital is the only private adult mental health hospital in Central London
With over 30 years of experience in treating patients. The hospital is home to a dedicated multidisciplinary team of specialists who are committed to the assessment and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions.
We offer discreet and leading care in outpatient, day patient, and inpatient settings. We also offer repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and a nasal spray treatment for those with treatment-resistant depression.
To respond to psychiatric emergencies, we are able to accept inpatients 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The hospital is dedicated to providing first-class care to all patients in a safe and nurturing environment. We have a capacity of 73 inpatient beds across our general psychiatry, addiction, and eating disorder treatment wards. Larger suites can be arranged for those seeking additional privacy.
A leading team
Nightingale’s multidisciplinary team of highly qualified consultant psychiatrists, psychologists, and therapists are leaders in their fields of expertise and allow the hospital to deliver specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient, and inpatient settings.
- Nightingale Hospital London is regulated by and registered with the Care Quality Commission and delivers treatment services under the terms set out in the Care Standards and Mental Health Acts
- All our treatment services are compliant with the National Institute for Healthcare and Excellence (NICE) Guidelines and the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ recommendations
- The hospital is also an Approved Practice Setting as determined by the General Medical Council
- All our therapists are registered and/or accredited with one or more BPS – The British Psychological Society, HCPC – Health and Care Professions Council, BABCP – The British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies and UKCP – The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy.
Conditions we treat
Our specialists are able to treat the full spectrum of acute mental health conditions.
General mental health conditions: Including but not limited to adult ADHD, anger problems, anxiety, autism spectrum disorder (ASD), bereavement, bipolar disorder, body dysmorphic disorder (BDD), depression, memory problems, mood disorders, obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD), panic attacks, personality disorders, phobias, postnatal depression, psychosexual difficulties, psychosis, relationship and interpersonal difficulties, schizophrenia, self-harm, sleep disorders, stress, suicidal feelings, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and work-related stress disorder.
Addiction: Including alcohol addiction, drug addiction (such as amphetamine, benzodiazepine, cannabis, cocaine, ecstasy, heroin, opiates and addiction to prescription and pain medication), behavioural addictions (including gambling, technology and sex and love addictions. We provide a drug and alcohol detox programme, as well as a 28-day addiction rehabilitation programme.
Mental health treatments we provide
Our specialists provide evidence-based treatments and therapies, including:
Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT), art therapy, clinical psychology, We also offer repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation (rTMS), electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and a nasal spray treatment for those with treatment-resistant depression.
Medication may also be prescribed by your consultant psychiatrist and can be obtained through the hospital’s on-site pharmacy.
In a central location
Nightingale Hospital treats patients from all over London, as well as nationally and internationally. We are a convenient two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations. Paddington, King’s Cross, St Pancras, and Euston stations are all within easy reach of the hospital. Road access to Lisson Grove is via turning off the A40 Marylebone Road.
We have a wealth of experience in treating international and VIP patients and are able to provide additional concierge support.
Our main hospital address is:
11-19 Lisson Grove
London NW1 6SH
- We are committed to providing first-class care to our patients. Patient-focused care is at the core of everything we do
- Protecting patient privacy and confidentiality, at all times, is an integral part of our operations
- We offer a supportive, caring and safe environment to promote optimal space for healing and growing
- We believe in the importance of involving families and loved ones in patient treatment (where appropriate)
- We are committed to developing new, innovative and evidence-based treatment options for patients
Make an enquiry
Have a question about Nightingale Hospital? Make a confidential enquiry now.Enquire now