Dr Miriam Dookhun
Chartered Counselling Psychologist (sessional)
- Anger problems
- Psychosexual problems and difficulties
- Relationship and interpersonal difficulties
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Mood disorders
- Panic attacks
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Psychology (First Class)
- BPS Chartered Member and Member of the Division of Counselling Psychology
- BACP Registered Member
Dr Miriam Dookhun is an HCPC registered Practitioner Psychologist and BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist. She has over 10 years of experience of working across different settings including the NHS, third sector organisations and the private sector.
She has experience of working with a wide range of difficulties, particularly depression, anxiety, stress and relationship difficulties.
Dr Dookhun endeavours to practice integratively with an overarching Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) framework, and incorporating psychodynamic and person-centred ideas where necessary.
She works in collaboration with her clients on their own personal journeys, to facilitate exploration of their unique subjective experience, alleviate their distress and empower and support them to achieve their goals, in a way that is tailored to them.
Additional information about research, publications and interests:
Dr Dookhun’s doctoral research explored the grief experiences of identical twins that lost their co-twin in older adulthood.
She has a keen interest in the ideas of attachment and loss.