- Anger problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder (BDD)
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Perinatal mental health
- Personality disorders
- Psychosexual difficulties
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep disorders
- Adjustment disorder
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Borderline personality disorder
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Schema therapy
- Relational therapy
- Integrative therapy
- Transactional analysis
- Rational emotive behaviour therapy (REBT)
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- BACP Accreditation
- BSc Hons Behaviour University of Portsmouth
- MSc level BACP Accredited PGDip Integrative Therapy University of Greenwich
- Advanced Diploma CBT/REBT Regent’s University London
- Schema Therapy Certified (ISST) International Society of Schema Therapy
- EMDR Therapist EMDR Europe Association
Antonia Ballantyne is an accredited psychotherapist who works with adults. She has a wealth of experience and a passion for improving the lives of those she works with. Her extensive experience covers a broad body of work with varied and complex client groups, working together to achieve successful outcomes for her patients.
Antonia draws on various therapeutic approaches to support the specific needs and goals of each client. She integrates various therapeutic methods into her work, such as relational therapy, psychodynamic and humanistic therapy which includes person-centred, gestalt and transactional analysis. She also implements stand-alone approaches, including cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT), rational emotive behaviour therapy (REBT), schema therapy and eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR).
Antonia knows we all experience times of uncertainty, loss and change. She believes we all benefit from sharing our burdens with someone else, in a safe and non-judgemental place.
She understands seeking psychological support can feel scary, but her approach is open, warm and accepting. Antonia works collaboratively with clients, treating all information in the strictest confidence. She aims to empower individuals to develop their own skills to deal with difficulties, in the present and going forward.
Relationship lies at the heart of all her work and forms the foundation of her approach. Antonia looks forward to working with you.