Dr Jonathan Beckett
- Bipolar disorder
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Alcohol addiction
- Drug addiction
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists (MRCPsych)
- Specialist Register of GMC and accredited as Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry and Old Age Psychiatry
- Approved under Section 12(2) of MHA as having special experience in management of people with mental disorder
- Dip BCP (Diploma in Behavioural Cognitive Psychotherapy)
Dr Jonathan Beckett is a consultant psychiatrist specialising in General Adult Psychiatry and Addictions and has worked in these fields since 1997. He is a full-time consultant in the NHS with the South London & Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust and has, in addition, developed a private practice at Nightingale Hospital London over the last 5 years (since 2007).
He has developed expertise and experience in managing a broad range of mental health problems over this time.
Dr Beckett’s particular areas of interest and specialism include managing patients with bipolar disorder, depression and anxiety disorders. He has developed expertise in the use of psychopharmacology to treat these conditions. Moreover, he has training and qualifications in the use of CBT in the treatment of the above conditions as well as an advanced qualification in the use of Motivational Interviewing in the treatment of addictions. He is also currently undertaking a post-graduate qualification in Human Givens Psychotherapy which is a particular interest of his.
Additional information about research, publications and interests
Dr Beckett has published research in the field of bipolar disorder.