My professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
- MBBS, MRCPsych (Member of Royal college of Psychiatrists)
- MD Psychological Medicine.
- Section 12 approved
- Expert Witness Institute
- The Society of Expert Witnesses
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers Tier I Expert.
- Member Independent Doctors Forum
My professional experience:
- In Clinical Practice for 30 years
- Consultant Psychiatrist South London and Maudsley Trust since 1997 (Adult In-patient/Community Psychiatry and Psychiatric Intensive Care)
- Consultant Nightingale Hospital since 1999
- Guy’s Medical Toxicology Clinic (1995-2005)
- Consultant Psychiatrist Practioner Health Programme (PHP) 2008 – 2011 NHS service providing mental health care to sick doctors and dentists in London.
- Amardeep, mental health services for South Asians (2000-2018).
- Psychotherapy – psychodynamic, cognitive analytic, cognitive behavioural and solution focus.
- Second opinion for complex and treatment resistant cases
- Recognised Medico-legal expert in Criminal, Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence.
My personal statement:
Having worked privately and in the NHS for over 30 years, I have developed expertise in treating the spectrum of mental health conditions. I carry out comprehensive assessments to develop a shared understanding of health concerns with emphasis on nurturing the functional elements and to empower patients resolve their problems. I practice an integrated treatment model utilising medications and talking treatments. I am empathetic. I believe each patient’s presentation is unique and tailor individual treatment plans. I enjoy my work and find it immensely satisfying supporting recovery, and return to health. I look forward to assist you in achieving recovery.