My professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
CCT in general adult psychiatry and liaison psychiatry since 2009
MBBS – Medical degree since 1999
MRCPsych – Membership to the Royal College of Psychiatrists since 2004
Dr Kang has received certificates in mentoring, appraisal, teaching, coaching and leadership and management
Memberships and professional body affiliations:
In 2014 and 2015 Dr Kang was runner up for the Royal College of Psychiatrists Public Educator of the year Award.
Dr Kang is on the Executive Committee for the Royal College of Psychiatrists Spirituality in Psychiatry SiG and is on the Royal College of Psychiatrists Public Engagement Editorial Board.
My professional experience:
Dr Kang is a Consultant Psychiatrist based in London. She qualified as a medical doctor from Imperial College Medical School and went on to specialise in psychiatry with the London Deanery. She has over 20 years experience in diagnosing and treating mental health problems, both in the NHS and private sector.
She sits on the Executive Committee of the Royal College of Psychiatrists SiG for Spirituality in Psychiatry and the Royal College of Psychiatrists Public Engagement Editorial Board.
My personal statement:
My clinical specialities include depressive disorder, bipolar effective disorder (manic depression), anxiety disorders, psychosis, schizophrenia and stress related disorders.
I also have a special interest in spirituality and mental health, medically unexplained symptoms and mental disorders related to chronic physical health problems.
I can carry out assessments in both English and Hindi.
Additional information about my research, publications and interests:
Dr Kang is passionate about raising awareness about mental health and reducing stigma and broadcasts on the subject for the BBC.
Dr Kang conducts seminars on whole person centred care and is regularly published in books, journals and magazines.
Her special interests include:
- Spirituality and Mental Health
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms and
- Mental disorders related to chronic physical health problems
Official social media accounts:
- 4th May 2019 – BBC Sounds Radio 4 ‘Thought of the Day’
- 16th May 2019 – Huffington Post ‘InstaDebt: How Instagram is causing young people to spend, spend, spend‘
- 29th July 2019 – The Telegraph – The secret to beating stress, whatever the age
- 18th November 2019 – The Telegraph – The secret to better sex, sleep, stress and fitness in your 30s
- 25th November 2019 – The Telegraph – The secret to better sex, sleep, stress and fitness in your 40s
- 9th December 2019 – The Telegraph – The secret to better sex, sleep, stress and fitness in your 60s
- 20th May 2020 – The BBC – Mental Health Awareness: Keeping your screen time healthy
Conditions I treat
- Medically Unexplained Symptoms (MUS)
- Somatic Symptom Disorder (SSD)
- Treatment Resistant Depression
- gaming addiction
- Gender Dysphoria
- Psychosexual Difficulties
- Suicidal Thoughts
- Trauma and PTSD
- Prenatal and Postnatal Depression
- Dual Diagnosis
- Behavioural Addictions
- Gambling addiction
- Sleep disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified
- Bulimia Nervosa
- Anorexia Nervosa
- Bipolar Disorders
- Anger Problems
- Adult ADHD
- Technology Addiction
- Drug Addiction