Dr Sophie Rae
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Mood disorders
- Binge eating disorder (BED)
- Anorexia nervosa
- Bulimia nervosa
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- HCPC Registered Practitioner Psychologist
- BPS Member Division of Counselling Psychology
- BSc Hons. Psychology
Dr Sophie Rae has worked across a variety of mental health services in the NHS since 2006. This has given her the opportunity to work from mild to complex, severe and enduring mental health difficulties. This experience includes treating depression, anxiety disorders, loss, adjustment and psychosis.
She has also recently specialised in eating disorders.
Dr Rae works to fit with the needs of clients using an integrative approach. Her aim is to work together with the client, providing a space to be heard and to create a joint understanding of their difficulties.
Seeking therapy can feel different, therefore Sophie works to ensure a safe and trusting relationship from which we can work to explore and address our shared goals.
Additional information about research, publications and interests
- Rae, S. (In press). ‘Somali male refugees: Perceptions of depression and help-seeking’. Counselling Psychology Review.
- Leavey, G., Vallianatou, C., Johnson-Sabine, E., Rae, S., & Gunputh, V. (2011). Psychosocial barriers to engagement with an eating disorder service: A qualitative analysis of failure to attend. Eating disorders, 19(5), 425-440.