Dr Liam Parsonage
- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Anger problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Mood disorders
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Personality disorders
- Psychosexual difficulties
- Interpersonal difficulties
- Sleep disorders
- Work-related stress disorder
- Suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Art therapy
- Clinical psychology
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Drama therapy
- Eye movement desensitisation and reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family therapy
- Interpersonal therapy (IPT)
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy (MBCT)
- Well-being therapies
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- PG Cert MedEd
Dr Liam Parsonage qualified from University College London Medical School and trained in the NHS. He has been a consultant psychiatrist since 2010, and for two years, held the position in the NHS of medical lead for Community Services in NW Surrey. He is dual-accredited in general adult and old-age psychiatry.
He has worked in private practice since 2017. He is experienced in treating adults with all mental health disorders and has a special interest in mood disorders, including mood instability and bipolar affective disorder; difficulties related to sexuality, personality problems, trauma, anxiety disorders, and psychotic illnesses. He also assesses and treats Adult ADHD and ADD.
Dr Parsonage sees self-funding patients and is registered with all the major insurance companies.
Dr Parsonage takes a holistic and recovery-focused approach in the assessment and treatment of adult mental health difficulties. He offers an individually tailored treatment plan which combines the latest evidence-based pharmacological treatments and psychological interventions. His aim is to help the people he sees to successfully achieve and maintain emotional stability and wellbeing.
Dr Parsonage provides medicolegal psychiatric reports as an expert witness relating to occupational matters, personal injury, early retirement, immigration matters, litigation, and employment tribunals.