Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to provide outstanding medical secretarial and administrative support towards coordinating consultant psychiatrist clinics, helping them to deliver the best possible experience through their consultations with patients.
This position will require an enthusiastic attitude and readiness to learn. We are particularly looking for someone with a keen eye for detail, as the role is very much focused on typing and editing correspondence and ensuring results are processed and conveyed accurately.
- GCSE grade C in English & Maths or equivalent
- 2 years secretarial or administration experience
- Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong & confident communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients and visitors)
- Ability to multi-task
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and work autonomously
- Strong typing skills
- Good time-keeping skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to identify and manage stressful situations
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- 100% of NMC registration renewal will be paid for by the Nightingale Hospital (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Perkbox discounts