About Nightingale Hospital
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient, and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists is committed to diagnosing and treating all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by the international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, and high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
We are looking for a dependable Pharmacy Technician that will process and fill prescriptions. You will also undertake other tasks under the direction of a pharmacist to provide excellent customer service and ensure the Pharmacy runs smoothly.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you must be detail-oriented and reliable since the job has high responsibility. You must possess excellent communication skills as well as an aptitude for using computers.
The post-holder’s main duties include:
- Clean surfaces and equipment and prepare the pharmacy for opening.
- Greet customers and answer questions.
- Receive prescriptions and check their validity.
- Process prescriptions electronically and ensure all information is complete and accurate.
- Resolve issues when they arise (e.g. rejected insurance claims).
- Select the appropriate medicine and measure dosages to fill prescriptions.
- Sort, stock, label medication and monitor inventory.
- Undertake administrative tasks (e.g. record-keeping) as assigned.
- Comply with all security measures and quality standards.
- Requirements and skills.
- Proven experience as pharmacy technician.
- Experience with an online prescription system is a plus.
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement.
- Knowledge of pharmacy law and medical terminology.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail.
Salary: From £21,450 to £33,000 per annum, plus £4,000 per annum London Allowance
Job type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
The following skills and qualifications are essential:
- Successful completion of a recognised Pharmacy Technician qualification.
- Maths/English to GSCE Level or equivalent
- Minimum of two years working within a Pharmacy setting
- Proven experience as a pharmacy technician
- Experience with an online prescription system
- Knowledge of medication and dosage measurement
- Knowledge of Pharmacy law and medical terminology
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Outstanding organisational skills
- Reliable with a keen eye for detail
- A professional, confident manner
- Good interaction skills in relation to communication with patients and staff members
- Demonstrates tact and sensitivity
Strongly desirable qualities include:
- Certified Pharmacy technician is an asset
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries + an additional London allowance of £4,000 per annum added to all permanent posts (pro-rata for part-time roles).
- Negotiable relocation allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave pro-rata (increasing up to 30 with long service), plus bank holidays
- A ‘refer a nurse scheme’ paying £2000 per successful recruit
- Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD) and training
- Generous company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- 100% of NMC registration renewal paid (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Travel loan scheme
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- On-site restaurant with subsidised staff meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Employee Assistance Programme
- An extensive Perkbox staff benefits package, offering a comprehensive range of discounts and access to well-being apps
- Access to Perkbox Medical, which provides 24-hour access to a private GP service
- Free life assurance cover (4x salary)
- Free eye tests and contribution towards the cost of glasses (if required)
- Long service recognition*
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay*
- Long-term disability insurance*
*Subject to T&Cs