Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
Reporting directly to the Head Chef, the catering assistant is primarily responsible for assisting with the day-to-day runnings of the hospital restaurant and room service.
Main responsibilities include:
- Assisting with the preparation of food as directed by the chef
- Assisting with the serving of food within the restaurant and the maintenance of a clean and tidy environment
- Serving food and assisting diners in a friendly, polite and approachable manner
- Assisting with room service operations and taking food and refreshments to patients, the boardroom and other venues across the hospital as required
The following skills and qualifications are desirable:
- Basic level of education
- 1 year of experience in a similar role
- Food hygiene qualifications
- Positive attitude and willingness to work
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work as a team and take direction
- Good verbal communication skills
- Regular and punctual attendance
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Competitive salaries + an additional London allowance of £2,500 per annum added to all full-time permanent posts
- 25 days’ holiday (pro-rata for part-time roles) increasing up to 30 days for long service, plus bank holidays
- Generous company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous company sick pay
- 100% of NMC registration renewal for nursing staff will be paid for by Nightingale Hospital (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Perkbox discounts and more