Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists is committed to diagnosing and treating all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by the international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, and high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
As a registered mental health nurse, you’ll use your compassion and clinical experience to help deliver the exceptional levels of patient care we’re known for.
We’ll look to you to provide our multi-disciplinary team with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts to make sure our patients get the highest level of care.
With no two days the same, you’ll enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from ensuring that care plans are comprehensive, to making sure that decisions from ward rounds are acted upon and, if necessary, incorporated into the care plan.
- To assess, plan and implement patient care plans, incorporating risk assessments, risk management and engagement plans
- Ensure that care plans are comprehensive and understandable to the patient
- Ensure that each professional involved in the patient’s care has been represented in the care plan
- Ensure that every patient has a copy of their current care plan.
- Ensure that a patient’s capacity and willingness to consent to the care plan are documented.
- Meet with the patient at least once a week to establish a therapeutic rapport, and to do one-to-one work with supervision where required.
- Ensure that decisions from ward rounds are acted upon and, if necessary, incorporated into the care plan.
- Liaise with other professionals and agencies as required.
- Ensure the transfer of a patient from one nurse to another is not detrimental to patient care.
- Undertake outcome measures with the appropriate tools, (HONOS) both on admission and discharge.
Salary: From £29,728 to £32,500, plus an additional London Allowance of £4,000 per annum added to all permanent posts (pro-rata for part-time roles)
Job type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week). Day shifts are 7.30am – 9pm working three days per week across a seven-day period including every other weekend. You will be required to rotate between night and day shifts and complete at least eight weeks of nights per year. Nights shifts are spread across four nights per week working 8.30pm – 8:00am.
- You will be an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current valid NMC registration
- You will be able to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- You will have good knowledge of the Mental Health Act of 1983 and understand the latest nursing practices
- Above all, you will be compassionate, resilient and dedicated to empowering and supporting our patients through their recovery
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries + an additional London allowance of £4,000 per annum added to all permanent posts (pro-rata for part-time roles).
- Negotiable relocation allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing up to 30 with long service), plus bank holidays
- A ‘refer a nurse scheme’ paying £2000 per successful recruit
- Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD) and training
- Generous company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- 100% of NMC registration renewal paid (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Travel loan scheme
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- On-site restaurant with subsidised staff meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Perkbox Medical, which provides 24-hour access to a private GP service
- An extensive Perkbox staff benefits package, offering a comprehensive range of discounts and access to well-being apps
- Free life assurance cover (4x salary)
- Free eye tests and contribution towards the cost of glasses (if required)
- Long service recognition*
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay*
- Long-term disability insurance*
*Subject to T&Cs