About Nightingale Hospital
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient, and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists is committed to diagnosing and treating all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by the international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, and high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
We’re looking for a dynamic pharmacist to join our busy on-site hospital pharmacy. Reporting directly to the pharmacy manager, the post-holder will be required to dispense prescribed medication and provide general advice for Nightingale Hospital patients. This key department must work collaboratively with treating consultant psychiatrists and other clinical staff members.
Main responsibilities include:
- Maintaining superb clinical standards in the pharmacy
- Providing medicines information assistance to consultants
- Providing an excellent level of customer service to all patients
- Contributing to an excellent level of record keeping
- Contributing to care of controlled drug storage in pharmacy and hospital
- Ensuring that practice within the pharmacy is in line with the latest guidelines
- Aiding the pharmacy manager with all daily running of the pharmacy
This post attracts £33.59 per hour (incl of 12.07% holiday pay).
The following skills and qualifications are essential:
- MPharm or equivalent
- GPhC registered pharmacist
- Minimum two years working in mental health
- Ability to multitask, high level of clinical expertise specialist in mental health medicine
- In-depth knowledge of psychotropic medicines. ✓ Excellent manner with patients and ability to work cohesively in a small team
- Able to appropriately and effectively use a range of communication approaches to inform, influence or persuade people
- Demonstrates tact and sensitivity