About Nightingale Hospital
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient, and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists is committed to diagnosing and treating all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by the international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, and high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
As a Senior Mental Health Nurse, you will use your leadership skills to deliver the exceptionally high-quality levels of patient care we are known for. You will be a hands-on clinical leader who provides expertise on mental health to our multidisciplinary team. With no two days the same, you will enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from supporting and mentoring your team to delivering the highest standards of nursing.
As a Senior Nurse, you will lead by example when empowering our patients in playing a major part in their care plan and recovery whilst having regard for their dignity and maintaining professional responsibility for their care. You will enjoy having the freedom and autonomy to do things the right way feeling valued and respected when working for Nightingale Hospital.
Who we’re looking for?
- You will be an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current valid NMC registration.
- You will hold an ENB 998 Mentorship Course and have experience in mentoring, including supporting newly qualified nurses through their preceptorship.
- You will be able to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role.
- You will have good knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 & understand the latest nursing practices.
- Above all, you will be compassionate, resilient and dedicated to empowering and supporting our patients through their recovery.
Salary: From £35,000 plus an additional London allowance of £4,000 per annum added to all permanent posts (pro-rata for part-time roles)
Job type: Full-time (37.5 hours per week), you will be required to rotate between night and day shifts and complete at least eight weeks of nights per year
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries + an additional London allowance of £4,000 per annum added to all permanent posts (pro-rata for part-time roles).
- Negotiable relocation allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave pro-rata (increasing up to 30 with long service), plus bank holidays
- A ‘refer a nurse scheme’ paying £2000 per successful recruit
- Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD) and training
- Generous company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- 100% of NMC registration renewal paid (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Travel loan scheme
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- On-site restaurant with subsidised staff meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Employee Assistance Programme
- An extensive Perkbox staff benefits package, offering a comprehensive range of discounts and access to well-being apps
- Access to Perkbox Medical, which provides 24-hour access to a private GP service
- Free life assurance cover (4x salary)
- Free eye tests and contribution towards the cost of glasses (if required)
- Long service recognition*
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay*
- Long-term disability insurance*
*Subject to T&Cs