About Nightingale Hospital
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient, and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists is committed to diagnosing and treating all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by the international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, and high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
As a registered mental health nurse (Mental Health), you’ll use your compassion and clinical experience to help deliver the exceptional levels of patient care we’re known for. We’ll look to you to provide our multi-disciplinary team with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts to ensure our patients get the highest level of care.
With no two shifts the same, you’ll enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from ensuring that care plans are comprehensive to making sure that decisions from ward rounds are acted upon and, if necessary, incorporated into the care plan. You’ll also relish the opportunity to support our private-paying patients who will have their own individualised care packages.
Who we’re looking for?
- You will be an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current valid NMC registration.
- You will be able to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role.
- You will have good knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 and understand latest nursing practices.
- Above all, you will be compassionate, resilient and dedicated to empowering and support our patients through their recovery.
The following skills and qualifications are essential:
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Experience working with patients with a variety of mental health problems
- Knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act
- Ability to deal with a very challenging patient group in a positive manner
- Ability to identify and manage stressful situations
- Experience in implementing risk assessments and developing risk management plans
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good English communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal Skills
- Readiness to accept direction
- Good computer literacy
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients and visitors
- Ability to balance team working with independent initiative.
- Strong aptitude in prioritising tasks
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to present self in a confident manner
- Awareness of the effect of self on others
- Awareness of and ability to address customer satisfaction needs
- Punctual attendance
- Flexible to cover work shifts Day/Night/Weekends
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
Strongly desirable qualities include:
- ENB 998 or Mentorship Course
- Experience of C.P.A.’s and Tribunals
- Experience supervising student nurses
- Experience in specialist service areas such as Adolescent, EDU, Addictions or General Psychiatry.
- Experience completing DOLs forms
- Experience delivering clinical supervision
- Undertakes additional duties dependent upon the needs of the service
- RMN Day – £22.00
- RMN Night – £25.00
- RMN Sat – £25.00
- RMN Sun – £27.37
- RMN Bank Holiday – £29.78
Job type: Bank