Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
We’re looking for an outpatient referrals coordinator to support the management of outpatient therapy referrals.
Main responsibilities include:
- To respond, assess and allocate outpatient therapy referrals and enquiries, alongside the outpatient referrals supervisor/Outpatient business manager. This includes triaging and risk assessing referrals as necessary.
- Being a point of contact for all sessional therapists with issues surrounding referrals, patients or therapy, and will escalate queries when required
- Continuing to liaise closely with consultant psychiatrists and other referrers regarding referrals for outpatient individual therapy
- Keep an updated database of referrals
- In the absence of the outpatient referrals supervisor/Outpatient business manager due to sickness or annual leave, take on their responsibility of the outpatient referral duties in order to maintain the smooth running of the service
- Informing the outpatient referrals supervisor/Outpatient business manager of staff sickness or absences
- Coordinating with the outpatient services team regarding enquiries when needed
- GCSE or equivalent
- Psychology degree
- Experience in an administrative role
- Experience working within a mental health environment
- Strong and confident communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Confident decision-maker with an ability to accept positive criticism
- Ability to present self in a confident manner
- Awareness of and ability to address customer satisfaction needs
- Good time-keeping skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- Ability to undertake all mandatory training
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Perkbox discounts