Facilities maintenance supervisor
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
We need someone with a strong, all-around building maintenance experience, who can manage contractors, planned and reactive works and manage expenditure and budgets. Reporting to the Head of Estates, you will be responsible for delivering a rolling programme of repairs and maintenance for the building, undertaking electrical repairs and routine maintenance checks of all M&E equipment and machinery.
This role will be very hands-on, spending most of your time with the team and carrying out duties, rather than being based in an office.
- Carrying out maintenance repairs as and when requested
- Carrying out daily property inspections and preventative maintenance checks, recording all relevant readings and findings
- Ensuring that all tools, materials and equipment are looked after at all times
- Assisting with third party contractors as and when required in order to support the hospital’s performance in terms of health and safety as well as fire safety
- Logging all jobs and plan/schedule work that needs to be carried out by the maintenance team daily
- To prioritise maintenance tasks in accordance with available resources and the importance
- To organise and follow up on quotes when applicable
- Maintain accurate records of works carried out at the hospital
- Keep an updated database of audit results
- Regular follow up on results of audits, creating and implementing action plans as and when required
- Conduct weekly spot checks.
- Respond to out-of-hours call outs as required
- GCSE grade C in English & Maths or equivalent
- City & Guilds Level 3 Electrician Qualification or equivalent
- 5 years in a Maintenance Engineer or equivalent role
- Relevant experience in electrical, plumbing, or other relevant skills
- Experience as a facilities maintenance supervisor role, as you will be expected to manage two site engineers who cover 7 days per week
- Strong aptitude in prioritising tasks
- Strong & confident communication skills (ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, patients and visitors)
- Ability to multi-task
- Good IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Perkbox discounts