Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to provide an exceptionally high standard of hygiene and cleanliness across Nightingale Hospital. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking
and where necessary, working with other teams to ensure tasks are completed.
This role will involve direct interaction with patients, nursing and non-nursing staff.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning duties using work schedules
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for patients and staff by following the required policies and procedures
- Replace dirty linen and make beds inclusive of under blankets, sheets, duvets and pillows
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping, vacuuming and scrubbing surfaces.
- Ensure that emergency situations (e.g. flood or spillages) are dealt with in a timely manner by reporting them to the responsible person
- Report any repairs that are required to Service Desk
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary manner
- Maintain consumables and laundry stock in allocated areas
- Support other members of the team when required
- Basic level of education
- Experience in a customer service role
- Good communication skills – both reading and verbal
- Basic numerical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Good interpersonal skills
- Readiness to accept direction
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work under pressure
We offer a comprehensive range of benefits, including:
- Competitive salaries + an additional London allowance of £2,500 per annum added to all permanent posts (pro-rata for part-time roles)
- Negotiable relocation allowance
- 25 days’ annual leave (increasing up to 30 with long service), plus bank holidays
- A ‘refer a nurse scheme’ paying £2000 per successful recruit
- Opportunities for continuing professional development (CPD) and training
- Generous company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- 100% of NMC registration renewal paid (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Travel loan scheme
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- On-site restaurant with subsidised staff meals at breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Perkbox Medical, which provides 24-hour access to a private GP service
- An extensive Perkbox staff benefits package, offering a comprehensive range of discounts and access to well-being apps
- Annual birthday gift
- Free life assurance cover (4x salary)
- Free eye tests and contribution towards the cost of glasses (if required)
- Long service recognition*
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay*
- Long-term disability insurance*
*Subject to T&Cs