Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
The purpose of this role is to provide an exceptionally high standard of hygiene and cleanliness across Nightingale Hospital. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking
and where necessary, working with other teams to ensure tasks are completed.
This role will involve direct interaction with patients, nursing and non-nursing staff.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Cleaning duties using work schedules
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for patients and staff by following the required policies and procedures
- Replace dirty linen and make beds inclusive of under blankets, sheets, duvets and pillows
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping, vacuuming and scrubbing surfaces.
- Ensure that emergency situations (e.g. flood or spillages) are dealt with in a timely manner by reporting them to the responsible person
- Report any repairs that are required to Service Desk
- Maintain all cleaning equipment and materials in a safe and sanitary manner
- Maintain consumables and laundry stock in allocated areas
- Support other members of the team when required
- Basic level of education
- Experience in a customer service role
- Good communication skills – both reading and verbal
- Basic numerical skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Good interpersonal skills
- Readiness to accept direction
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to work under pressure
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Perkbox discounts