Integrative Psycotherapist, Counsellor
- Sleep disorders
- Bulimia nervosa
- Anorexia nervosa
- Eating Disorders Not Otherwise Specified (EDNOS)
- Gambling addiction
- Dual diagnosis
- Panic attacks
- Mood disorders
- Personality disorders
- Relationship and interpersonal difficulties
- Trauma and PTSD
- Suicidal thoughts and feelings
- Psychosexual problems and difficulties
- Bipolar disorders
- Anger problems
- Behavioural addictions
- gaming addiction
Professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships
- MSc Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling
- PgDip Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling
- PgCert Integrative Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Psychology Conversion
- BA (Hons) Sociology
- MBACP accredited
Nicolena is an individual who excels at developing innovative and comprehensive treatment plans drawing from various modalities to meet individual needs.
She has a vast amount of experience in working within mental healthcare hospitals, developing an established reputation for excellence.
- Skilled in group work, and one-to-one therapy
- Completed training as an Integrative Counsellor & Psychotherapist with an emphasis in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Person-Centred Therapy & Psychodynamic Therapy
- Conducted Research on sexual abuse and presented results at the 22nd Annual BACP Research Conference
As integrative Psychotherapist, therapy is a progressive form of psychotherapy that combines different therapeutic tools and approaches to fit the needs of the individual client.
Therefore, standard treatments are modified to fill in development gaps that affect each client in different ways.
By combining elements drawn from different schools of psychological theory and research, integrative therapy becomes a more flexible and inclusive approach to treatment than more traditional, singular forms of psychotherapy.
An integrative approach can be used to treat any number of psychological problems and disorders that matches evidence-based treatments to each client and each disorder.