Nightingale Hospital staff #ConnectWithNature for Mental Health Awareness Week 2021
This year’s Mental Health Awareness Week (10th – 16th May) theme is nature.
This theme has been chosen because there is increasing awareness that exposure to nature has many positive effects on our physical health and mental wellbeing.
Staff and patients were encouraged to share an image of something that inspires or resonates with them; or something that they simply find beautiful or unique.
Some of these beautiful staff submissions are featured below.
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”1″ display=”basic_thumbnail” thumbnail_crop=”0″]
Why is nature important for our health?
- Spending time in nature has been found to help with mental health issues including anxiety, depression and mood disorders
- Nature has been found to reduce anger, fear, and stress and increases pleasant feelings
- Nature improves physical health
- Alleviates feelings of social isolation
Tips on connecting with nature
The Mental Health Foundation share these tips to ensure you’re getting your fill of nature:
- Find nature wherever you are
- Connect with nature using all of your senses
- Get out into nature
- Bring nature to you
- Exercise in nature
- Combine nature with creativity
- Protect nature
Make an enquiry
Please contact us in confidence so we can help.Enquire now