Eating Disorders Awareness Week (EDAW) webinar by Nightingale Hospital: Binge eating disorder
This is a free mental health event for the public and health professionals.
- Date: Thursday 4th March 2021
- Time: 6:00pm – 6:45pm (GMT)
- Topic: Key clinicians from our eating disorders team will provide a multidisciplinary overview of binge eating disorders, and how they can be treated. Also, Rosie, an official ambassador from Beat (the UK’s leading charity for eating disorders), will be participating and talking about her lived experience of binge eating.
- Facilitated by: Members of Nightingale Hospital’s QED-accredited eating disorders treatment team, specifically: Dr Helen Murphy, lead consultant psychiatrist for eating disorders; Dr Joanna Silver, counselling psychologist and lead therapist for eating disorders; Talia Cecchele, dietitian and chaired by Shahin Alvis, Nightingale Hospital’s eating disorder ward manager.
- Where: This event will take place as a webinar on Zoom. Attendees will be sent a Zoom link two days prior to the event going live.
- Length of session: The session will run for no longer than 45 minutes.
- Cost: The cost of this event is free, however, should you be in a position to donate, please consider supporting Beat. All donations help Beat keep their helplines open for those struggling.
- Important note: This is not a crisis support session, nor is it intended to replace psychiatric or therapeutic input. If you may be struggling from an eating disorder, please contact your GP, or contact us to see how we can help. Alternatively, there is a myriad of free support services available on Beat’s website.
To sign up to this event, please fill out the form below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATIONS WILL BE CLOSED FROM 5:00PM (GMT) ON THURSDAY 4TH MARCH.
We're sorry, registrations for this event are now closed.