Mental Health Nurse – General Psychiatry
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years’ experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings. Their dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, they are a two-minute walk from Marylebone main line and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
Nightingale Hospital are owned by international medical group, Orpea delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse, you’ll use your compassion and clinical experience to help deliver the exceptional levels of patient care they’re known for. They’ll look to you to provide their multi-disciplinary team with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts to make sure the patients get the highest level of care.
With no two days the same you’ll enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from ensuring that care-plans are comprehensive to making sure that decisions from ward rounds are acted upon and, if necessary, incorporated into the care-plan. You’ll also relish the opportunity to support the Hospitals private-paying patients who will have their own unique and individualised care packages.
Who the hospital is looking for:
- You will be an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN) with a current valid NMC registration
- You will be able to maintain documentation, undertake audits and demonstrate integrity in your role
- You will have good knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 & have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Above all, you will be compassionate, resilient and dedicated to empower and support the patients through their recovery.
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- 100% of NMC registration renewal will be paid for by the Nightingale Hospital (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
Nightingale Hospital, London