Mental Health Nurse – Addictions
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years’ experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings. Their dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, they are a two-minute walk from Marylebone main line and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
Nightingale Hospital are owned by international medical group, Orpea delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
As a Registered Mental Health Nurse, you’ll use your compassion and clinical experience to help deliver the exceptional levels of patient care they’re known for. They’ll look to you to provide their multi-disciplinary team with in-depth expertise and knowledge of the Mental Health and Mental Capacity Acts to make sure the patients get the highest level of care.
With no two days the same you’ll enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from ensuring that care-plans are comprehensive to making sure that decisions from ward rounds are acted upon and, if necessary, incorporated into the care-plan. You’ll also relish the opportunity to support the Hospitals private-paying patients who will have their own unique and individualised care packages.
We are looking for someone:
- To provide professional nursing input with patients and plan and implement specific interventions with patients and their families
- To provide feedback to other members of the treatment team regarding progress and functioning of patients
- To liaise with other agencies involved in the care of patients
- To participate as a member of a multidisciplinary team to provide effective patient care
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Annually reviewed competitive salary and performance-related bonus
- 25 days annual leave increasing with length of service + all UK bank holidays
- Life assurance
- Comprehensive training is provided annually
- occupational pension scheme
- personal development and training opportunities
- flexible working
Nightingale Hospital, London