Senior Mental Health Nurse – Addictions
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years’ experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings. Their dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, they are a two-minute walk from Marylebone main line and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
Nightingale Hospital are owned by international medical group, Orpea delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
As a Senior Mental Health Nurse, you’ll use your leadership skills to deliver exceptionally high-quality levels of patient care we’re known for. You’ll be a hands-on clinical leader who provides expertise on mental health to our multi-disciplinary team. With no two days the same you’ll enjoy a wide range of responsibilities, from supporting and mentoring your team to delivering the highest standards of nursing.
As a Senior Mental Health Nurse, you’ll lead by example when empowering our patients in playing a major part in their care plan and recovery whilst having regard for their dignity and maintaining professional responsibility for their care. You’ll enjoy having the freedom and autonomy to do things the right way feeling valued and respected when working for Nightingale Hospital.
Who the hospital is looking for:
- You will be an experienced Registered Mental Health Nurse who has completed ENB 998 or Mentorship Course.
- You will have experience of working with patients with a variety of mental health problems.
- You will have knowledge of the Mental Health Act & Mental Capacity Act.
- You will have experience of coordinating shifts
- You will have the ability to deal with a very challenging patient group in a positive manner, with the ability to identify and manage stressful situations.
- You will have experience in implementing risk assessments and developing risk management plans.
- You will have the ability to work as part of a team and individually.
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- 100% of NMC registration renewal will be paid for by the Nightingale Hospital (subject to meeting the criteria)
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working