Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years of experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings.
Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone mainline and Underground stations, and within a ten-minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group Orpea, delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high-quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
We’re looking for a therapist specialising in OCD and related disorders, that will provide therapeutic input on a group and individual basis working with inpatients, day patients and outpatients who have been diagnosed with obsessive-compulsive disorder and related disorders.
This will be a key role within a new specialist, 6-bedded service the hospital is launching to support patients with OCD and related disorders, led by Professor David Veale.
They will be required to:
- Provide group and individual therapy to patients providing a high standard of care and demonstrating best and innovative practice
- Prepare and deliver psychoeducation groups to patients and process groups, as a key facilitator and occasionally as co-facilitator
- To assist the therapy team on the strategic development of the therapy programme(s) and to implement new therapy modalities and new modes of delivery to meet patients’ needs at any time
- Play an active role as a part of the multidisciplinary team providing feedback on assessments, therapy sessions and groups to nursing staff and other allied health team members on a daily basis
- Undertake comprehensive psychological assessments of individuals in order to develop, deliver and recommend interventions as appropriate.
- Ensure the OCD pathway runs effectively and provide a range of therapeutic approaches appropriate for patients
- Demonstrate flexibility with regard to various demands in order to meet patients’ needs
- To be a committed and flexible member of the therapy team, including prompt attendance and minimal absence, and willingness to assist in the daily running of the department when there is sickness and annual leave (covering group sessions as required)
- Completion of postgraduate training in cognitive behaviour therapy
- Full or provisional accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
- Core professional registration (e.g. psychology, nursing, social work) or equivalent recognition through Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes route to accreditation through BABCP.
- Knowledge and experience of assessment, formulating and providing cognitive behaviour therapy to clients with OCD and related disorders
- Ability to prioritise
- Proficient in all forms of communication including verbal and written
- Ability to work autonomously and set priorities
- Shows initiative
- A cooperative approach to care
- Ability to organise and respond to complex information
- Confident and professional
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- IT Literacy skills
- Awareness of different cultural backgrounds of clients and diversity at work
- Proven ability to work within a multidisciplinary environment for the benefit of patients in everything we do
- Able to appropriately and effectively use a range of communication approaches to inform, influence or persuade people
- Demonstrates tact and sensitivity
- Good time-keeping skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business
- 25 days’ holiday increasing up to 30 days for long service plus bank holidays
- Generous Company pension scheme with The People’s Pension
- Generous Company sick pay
- Annual staff bonus (discretionary)
- Paid for DBS
- Death in service cover
- Travel loan scheme
- Subsidised staff meals
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Flexible working
- Perkbox discounts