Kitchen Porter- Bank
Hours of Work: 0 hour contract/Bank
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years’ experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings. Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone main line and Underground stations, and within a ten minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group, Orpea delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
You will be primarily responsible for ensuring kitchen cleanliness, basic food preparation, and maintaining kitchen organisation within the Hospital.
- Ensure basic cleaning jobs are carried out as quickly as possible
- Collect and wash up pots and pans.
- Clean food preparation areas and equipment, in addition to crockery and cutlery.
- Unload food and equipment deliveries.
- Keep work surfaces, walls and floors clean and sanitised.
- Keep the storeroom organised.
- Empty all trash bins and ensure that all waste is disposed of promptly.
- Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables) when needed.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Good Interpersonal skills