Housekeeping Assistant – Bank/0 Hour Contract
Nightingale Hospital is the only private mental health hospital in Central London, with over 30 years’ experience in delivering specialised, evidence-based treatments in outpatient, day patient and inpatient settings. Our dedicated team of specialists are committed to the diagnosis and treatment of all types of mental health conditions, including eating disorders and addictions. Conveniently located, we are a two-minute walk from Marylebone main line and Underground stations, and within a ten minute walk of Baker Street and Edgware Road Underground stations.
We are owned by international medical group, Orpea delivering the full spectrum of psychiatric care, high quality care home and rehabilitation services across the globe.
The main purpose of the job
You will be responsible in ensuring an exceptional high standard of hygiene and cleanliness across Nightingale Hospital. Often managing multiple requests at once, you’ll be comfortable multitasking and where necessary, working with other teams to ensure tasks are completed.
This role will involve direct interaction with Patients, Nursing and Non-Nursing staff.
- To promote and maintain a clean hospital environment to staff and patients
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas.
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients and Staff by
following the required policies and procedures
- Replace dirty linen and make beds inclusive of under blankets, sheets, duvets and pillows
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping, vacuuming and scrubbing surfaces
- Ensure that emergency situations (e.g. flood or spillages) are dealt with in a timely
manner by reporting it to the responsible person.
- 1 years experience, preferably within a private healthcare environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and take direction
- Good Interpersonal skills