Professional Qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
- Advanced Training in Compassion Focused Therapy for groups 2016
- Advanced Training in Compassion Focused Therapy 2014
- Behavioural Couples Therapy Training 2014
- Compassion Focused Therapy Training 2013
- CBT for Insomnia 2013
- Post Graduate Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy 2008
- Advanced Practitioner Diploma in Counselling Psychology 2008
- Practitioner Diploma in Counselling Psychology 2006
- MSc Counselling Psychology 2004
- Post Graduate Diploma Certificate Psychology 2002
- Psychology & Sociology BA Hons 1999
- HCPC Registered
- BABCP Accredited
- BPS Chartered Psychologist
I am a Chartered Counselling Psychologist trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT). I have extensive experience working with a wide range of mental health problems such as depression, social anxiety, PTSD, generalised anxiety, health anxiety, alcohol abuse, relationship difficulties and adjustment to long term health conditions amongst others.
I have been accredited with the British Association for Cognitive & Behavioural Psychotherapies (BABCP) since 2013 and have 9 years post qualification experience of using CBT, with much of my clinical work taking place within various NHS settings. My clinical experience includes working within the criminal justice system, community alcohol charities, schools and university settings as well as health and primary care psychology settings.
I work with the following presenting problems:
- Low-self esteem
- Anxiety / depression
- Alcohol abuse
- Health Conditions
CBT and CFT form the foundations of my clinical practice. I will also draw upon other third wave approaches such as Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Mindfulness, Solution Focused Therapy (SFT), Motivational Interviewing (MI) and Person-Centered psychotherapy
Initial sessions will focus on detailed assessment of both current and historical information in order to fully understand the nature and maintenance of the difficulties that you are presenting with. Based on assessment, a treatment plan will be devised for the course of therapy with regular reviews to assess progress.
My sessions are collaborative in nature, structured, and goal orientated, however, I am also flexible in my approach as there may be times when we need to shift from the more structured sessions, into deeper more reflective work on thoughts and feelings. I aim to provide a safe and confidential space for therapy to take place in and to facilitate the change process in a way that feels respectful and in line with the client’s goals.