My professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
- UKCP Accredited Psychotherapist
- QCF Level 5 – Certificate in Management and Leadership
- MA in Transpersonal Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Diploma in Psychotherapy
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
My professional experience:
Nalini is a professional psychotherapist with over 12 years of experience. She has managerial and leadership experience working with charities and in the NHS. In the past, Nalini has worked with with vulnerable young people, including working with families in ‘Looked After’ and ‘Leaving Care’ groups. She also has experience in the field of addiction treatment, including 12-step facilitation and harm minimisation.
My personal statement:
I have a keen interest in group therapy, mindfulness and addiction work. I work with a wide range of issues focusing on the unconscious process.
I am a UKCP accredited psychotherapist qualified since 2007 and I am on the DBS update service.
Presenting issues, I work with include:
- Addiction (drugs and alcohol, eating disorders, gambling).
- Mental health
- Family/carers with loved ones in addiction
- People involved with children’s services e.g. families with a child protection plan as well as ‘Looked After’ and ‘Leaving Care’ young people
The different therapeutic interventions I deliver include:
- Individual therapy (long term and short term)
- Group therapy (open and closed)
- Psychological screenings
- Psycho-educational workshops e.g. drama triangle, relapse prevention
- Clinical assessments
During my career I have worked in outpatient and inpatient addiction services and working with emergency services.