My professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
- University of the Witwatersrand: Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology
- University of South Africa (UNISA): Bachelor of Arts (HONS) Psychology
- Rhodes University: Bachelor of Arts (Psychology & Journalism)
Professional Organisations Memberships:
- Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) registered Practitioner Psychologist
- British Psychological Society registered Chartered Member
- Health Professions Council of South Africa registered Clinical Psychologist
My professional experience:
I have worked in a variety of setting including the NHS, private sector and acute psychiatric inpatient wards in South Africa.
As part of my current role my duties include; providing group psychotherapy (Distress Tolerance, Mindfulness, interpersonal relationships and psycho-education groups), family meetings and individual psychotherapy using a variety of different modalities.
I have experience of working within Older Adult Services in the NHS which has included memory services and older adult psychology services. Part of this service sort to address the needs of patients with complex physical and mental health needs.
I have worked within culturally diverse settings, including working with translators, both in terms of psychotherapy and psychometric assessments.
My personal Statement:
I work from within a person centred approach to therapy together with clients to establish their own therapeutic goals. As such I tend to work eclectically using appropriate models to suit the needs of each individual client.
I offer both short term and long term therapeutic interventions.
Additional information about my research, publications and interests:
Research Interests: Transgender, Trauma, Medical Humanities