My professional qualifications, accreditations and memberships:
- BA (Cantab.), MBBS, MRCP, FRCPSych.
- Accredited Adult Psychiatrist
- Accredited Addictions Specialist
My professional experience:
- Former Lecturer at Imperial College
- Former NHS Consultant at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Former Staff Consultant at Priory Hospital Roehampton, Head of Addictions Treatment Programme
- Former Medical Director, The Causeway Retreat
- Currently Lead Consultant, Knightsbridge Psychiatry, an independent outpatient clinic in Sloane Square, Knightsbridge, London
- Currently Admitting Consultant, Nightingale Hospital London
I am a full-time private adult psychiatrist with 15 years of experience in treating clients, both nationally and internationally. I have current referral relationships with private practitioners and clinics in London and all over the UK, and in the Middle East, Switzerland, Europe, the USA, Australia and South Africa
My personal statement:
I am in fully independent private practice. I offer a swift, discreet, comprehensive assessment and treatment, with liaison and referral to the best available treatment in centres of excellence around the world. I am fully insured by all of the major insurance companies nationally and internationally.
Additional information about my research, publications and interests:
I have published various research papers, editorials, textbook chapters and other articles on the subjects of Adult Psychiatric Disorders, Substance Misuse Disorders, Dual Diagnosis Disorders and Biological tests for Substance Misuse.
I have a significant Medico-Legal practice, particularly in the Equality Act, Disability Discrimination and Contested Custody cases. I accept around 30 new instructions per year and I am an experienced expert witness.