Following the temporary closure of our Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic (rTMS) service at Nightingale Hospital due to the COVID-19 pandemic; we are pleased to announce our rTMS service will resume from Monday 29th June.
To protect the health and safety of our patients, rTMS practitioners and wider hospital staff, we have implemented the following measures as per government advice:
- We will be asking patients to complete a health declaration form before they come to the hospital to start rTMS treatment. Subsequently, a completed form will be required weekly.
- We will be taking your temperature before each session. Please note, you will be refused treatment if you have a high temperature (above 37.8 degrees Celsius); which is one of the symptoms of COVID-19.
- Patients will be required to wear a face covering during treatment. Disposable masks will be provided to patients at each session.
- We will be asking patients to wash their hands or use hand sanitiser before each session. There will be hand washing facilities and hand sanitiser available.
- Robust cleaning measures will be in place. Between each treatment session, non-disposable equipment will be thoroughly cleaned and the treatment room itself will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- In order to limit the number of people waiting at reception, we are asking you to arrive on time for your appointment rather than any earlier. Please note, your session may be cancelled if you arrive more than five-minutes late for your appointment.
- Our rTMS practitioners will be working in PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including gloves, face masks, visors and aprons throughout your treatment.
- Please ensure you inform your rTMS practitioner of any COVID-19 related symptoms you may develop during the course of your rTMS treatment. In the case of developing a symptom during a session, you may be kindly asked to leave. Please do not attend your appointment if you develop any symptoms including fever, cough, loss of smell and taste. Should you develop any COVID-19 symptoms and need to cancel your session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +(0)20 7535 7803.You will not be charged for any sessions that you have not completed.
We thank you for your understanding and patience as we resume our service, in the safest way possible for patients and staff.
You can find out more about our rTMS service by downloading our brochure.
To enquire about rTMS treatment at Nightingale Hospital, please contact:
- Call +(0)20 7535 7803
In partnership with MagnaCentre